CHARLES S. SCHUMACHER, JR. MD
Dr. Schumacher went on to complete a General Surgery Internship and Orthopedic Residency from the Harvard Combined Orthopedic Residency Program at Massachusetts General Hospital, where he was Chief Resident. Following his residency, Dr. Schumacher completed a Fellowship in Joint Replacement and Reconstruction at Stanford University in California and a Traveling Hip Fellowship in Zürich, Switzerland..
Originally from Crowley, LA, Dr. Schumacher resides in Covington, La with his wife and two sons. He enjoys golfing and spending time with family when he isn’t helping patients return to a pain-free lifestyle.
- Partial Knee Replacements
- Knee Reconstruction & Replacement
- Complex Total Knee Revisions
- Tendon Repair and Reconstruction
- Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Complex Hip Reconstruction & Revision
B.S. in Biological Sciences, May 2007; summa cum laude
Member of Honors College
Chief Resident MGH Orthopaedic Surgery 2015-2016
- Dr. med. Michael Leunig, Schulthess Klinik, Zurich, CH
- Prof. Dr. med. Martin Beck, Luzerner Kantonsspital, Luzern, CH
- Prof. Dr. med. Klaus A. Siebenrock, Iselspital University of Bern, Bern CH
- Marc Philippon, MD, Steadman Clinic Vail, CO.
- Clinical Instructor, Clinician Educator Line, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery