SREASONS YOU MAY NEED ARP WAVE THERAPY
- AVOIDING SURGERY-NON SURGICAL TREATMENTS
- ATHLETE’S LOOKING FOR PERFORMANCE TRAINING
- POST SURGICAL REHABILITATION
ACCELERATED RECOVERY PERFORMANCE (ARP) THERAPY
ARPWAVE IS A CLASS 2 MEDICAL DEVICE, APPROVED BY THE FDA.
- Relaxation of muscle spasms
- Prevention and retardation of disuse atrophy
- Increase of local blood circulation
- Muscle re-education
- Maintaining and increasing range of motion
- Implanted Electrical devices (pacemakers)
- History of blood clots
RESULTS OF TREATMENT
Dr. Darr will be monitoring the outcomes of your treatment through a variety of means. We ask that you assist us in this process, by keeping notes over the course of your 11 days of treatment. Please feel free to utilize the record provided for this purpose and bring this with you on each day of your treatment, as it will help you in providing information to the clinical team during your treatment visits. Additionally, as Dr. Darr is committed to the advancement of clinical research related to integrative orthopedic medicine (Orthobiologics), he is conducting research related to ARPWave therapy and offering this opportunity to his patients
For more information about ARPWave, and or other integrative orthopedic treatment options, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Darr, please call 985-273-5888.
ARP Therapy will occur over the course of 1 1 days. You should plan on the following:
- Wear comfortable gym-style clothing, as your sessions will require you to move. Additionally the clinical staff will need to place the electrodes onto your body and also move the electrodes as they find areas known as “hot spots” that need to be treated.
- You will be asked to rate the intensity of the electrical stimulation throughout the process, to help assess the location of your problem areas. The process can be intense, but it is tolerable to most patients.
- Adequate rest throughout this therapy, at least 8 hours sleep each night
- Avoiding/limiting alcohol consumption. Eating healthy meals with adequate protein. Depending on your individual case, we may recommend that you increase your protein consumption during treatment.
- We will also ask you to complete a questionnaire about your symptoms and issues related to your clinical problem at the following times: 1) prior to the beginning of the therapy, 2) at the completion of the therapy and 3) again at certain follow-up visits to assist us in measuring the outcomes of your treatment. Dr. Darr and other clinical staff will also be assessing various clinical measures to evaluate your clinical response to treatment as well.
Covington Ortho has the happiest patients in the Greater
New Orleans North Shore Market
The staff were absolute angels. They were very friendly and informative. I definitely recommend that anyone needing care to go to the first, you’ll be glad you did. They are really concerned about getting you better.
Dr Bonvillain and his staff did an amazing job leading up to and after my surgical procedure. Dr Bonvillain did not hesitate to take on my complex foot and ankle case and the results exceeded my expectations as I am now pain free. If you have foot and ankle problems, the choice is easy. Go see the only board Certified and Fellowship Trained Orthopaedic Surgeon on the Northshore, Dr. Bonvillain!
Just have to say how pleased I am with Dr. Darr and all the staff. In September, after years of putting it off, I had total knee replacement. It went very well and so well in fact that I decided to get the other knee replaced in December. This procedure actually came out even better than the first.
My physical therapist says that I am a poster child for knee replacement. I owe it all to the skill of Dr. Darr and his caring staff. I highly recommend him.
I have received care from Covington Orthopedic for over ten years and have never failed to be impressed by the smooth running of the office and the care received from the medical staff. My provider, Dr. Reiss Plauche, and his nurse, Michelle, are a dream team. Dr Plauche is very personable and so easy to talk to. He takes his time with you and does an excellent job of explaining what is causing your problem and the options to treat it. He surgically repaired a torn meniscus in my knee in August 2019 and had me up and running in time to take a two week vacation at the end of September. Michelle went out of her way to get me scheduled for physical therapy to make sure I was in shape to enjoy that vacation. They are the absolute best of the best and so obviously care deeply about their patients.
I love the Dr’s and staff at Covington Orthopedic. Your always greeted with a warm comforting welcome and a smile. The nurses treat you with compassion and kindness. The X-ray tech is always patient when your hurting and having difficulty holding a position. Finally I love Dr. Rolling. Not only does he treat you for your physical movements, but he always encourages a better healthy lifestyle, such as exercise and eating habits. He cares about your overall health. I am confident that my quality of life is much better because of the Dr’s and staff at Covington Orthopedic Clinic !!